- What is a Spiritual Beast?
- Types of Spiritual Beasts and Buffs
- How you need to use it
- How to Assign and Release the General
- Beasts are “WEAK” if you don’t train them.
- Performance when trained to maximum
- Level Up Requirements (Spiritual Beast EXP)
- Smelt (Quality Up) Requirements (Gems, Medals, Gold)
- Which is better, Dragon or Spiritual Beast?
What is a Spiritual Beast?
A support gear that can be assigned to a general to enhance his or her abilities
Types of Spiritual Beasts and Buffs
There are 4 types of Spiritual Beasts, each specialized for a specific troop type.
Thunder Scorpion – Ranged
- Ranged Troop Attack
- Ranged Troop Defense
- Ranged Troop HP
- March Speed
Bird of Hurricane – Mounted
- Mounted Troop Attack
- Mounted Troop Defense
- Mounted Troop HP
- Double Items Drop Rate from Monsters.
Lord of Lava – Ground
- Ground Troop Attack
- Ground Troop Defense
- Ground Troop HP
- Troop Load
Behemoth King – Siege
- Siege Machine Attack
- Siege Machine Defense
- Siege Machine HP
- March Size Capacity
Therefore, depending on what the general is good at, you can decide which beast to assign.
Related : List of Generals by Role (+ How to Get)
How you need to use it
You need to activate it with a Pasture. (Pastures can be built at keep level 21.) You can activate one at a time, depending on the level of the Pasture.
- Lv 6 – Thunder Scorpion
- Lv11 – Bird of Hurricane
- Lv16 – Lord of Lava
- Lv22 – Behemoth King
Requires Spiritual Beast EXP to activate it. (300,000 EXP per beast)
Related : How to get Spiritual Beast EXP efficiently
How to Assign and Release the General
To assign a beast to a general, open the general’s details screen and press the dragon symbol in the top left corner. The same procedure is used to unassign the beast. Note that once the beast is unassigned, it will not be able to be assigned to the general for a period of one hour.
Beasts are “WEAK” if you don’t train them.
The buffs right after activation are only +1-2% each.
Example: Behemoth King Lv1 Quality Gray
- Siege Machine Attack +2%
- Siege Machine Defense +2%
- Siege Machine HP +2%
- March Size Capacity +1%
Beasts need to be cultivated in two ways
- Level Up – Use Spiritual Beast EXP to raise it.
- Smelt – Upgrade Quality using Gems, Medals and Gold.
In case of Level Up
In case of Smelt (Quality Up)
These can be raised in parallel and separately. Start with the easiest one to raise first.
Either way, the buffs go up 2% at a time. (If the initial value is 1%, they go up 1% at a time.)
- Lv1 Quality Ash (0) -> Attack +2%
- Lv1 Quality Green (+1) -> Attack +4%
- Lv2 Quality Ash (0) -> Attack +4%
- Lv1 Quality Blue (+2) -> Attack +6%
- Lv2 Quality Green (+1) -> Attack +6%
- Lv2 Quality Blue (+2) -> Attack +8%
- Lv9 Quality Orange (+4) -> Attack +26%
- Lv10 Quality Gold (+5) -> Attack +30%
Performance when trained to maximum
Each +30%. (If the initial value is 1%, the value is +15%)
Example: Bird of Hurricane
- Mounted Troop Attack +30%
- Mounted Troop Defense +30%
- Mounted Troop HP +30
- Double Item Drop Rate from Monsters +15%
Level Up Requirements (Spiritual Beast EXP)
Lv2 : 300,000EXP (Cumulative 600,000EXP)
Lv3 : 700,000EXP (Cumulative 1,300,000EXP)
Lv4 : 1,100,000EXP (Cumulative 2,400,000EXP)
Lv5 : 1,500,000EXP (Cumulative 3,900,000EXP)
Lv6 : 1,900,000EXP (Cumulative 5,800,000EXP)
Lv10 : Cumulative 12,500,000EXP (MAX)
Smelt (Quality Up) Requirements (Gems, Medals, Gold)
- Green (+1) 1K Gems, 100 Medals, 500K Gold
- Blue (+2) 4K Gems, 300 Medals, 2M Gold
- Purple (+3) 10K Gems, 800 Medals, 5M Gold
- Orange (+4) 20K Gems, 1500 Medals, 10M Gold
- Gold (+5) 60K Gems, 4000 Medals, 30M Gold
Which is better, Dragon or Spiritual Beast?
You can activate a dragon if you pay 300,000 gems after making your Pasture level 26. However, dragons are also weak if you don’t train them. A large amount of Lv6 materials, gems, refining stones, etc. would be needed to raise them. However, the buffs you get will be greater if you spend these on crafting and refining the general’s equipment first.
So until the general’s equipment is sufficient, it’s better to refrain from training dragons and train Spiritual Beasts and assign them to the general.
*As an exception, Minamoto no Yoshitsune, Martinus, El Cid, and Isabella I etc. have skills that enable their own buffs when attaching a dragon, so in their case, it is better to use a dragon in some cases. (Mainly if the beast is not fully trained.)
*For more information about “Dragon”, see the following article.