You can earn General EXP by hunting monsters, but this method is too inefficient. You should only hunt monsters for the purpose of earning item drops and prestige, and earn General EXP through other methods.
The following is an example of the General EXP you can get from boss monsters
(*without the EXP boost from research, rings, etc.)
- Lv4 Skeleton Dragon 1,200EXP
- Lv8 Peryton 2,600EXP
- Lv12 Kamaitachi 4,500EXP
To defeat Kamaitachi, you need more than 30 keep level 30 and more than 450,000 tier 12 cavalry, but you’ll get 4,500 EXP after you get that far. But with the following methods, even if you’re below Keep Level 20, you can easily earn 10 times more than that.
- A).PvP (Player vs Player)
- B). Attacking NPC Subordinate Cities Multiple times
- EXP required for general level up
There are two main methods.
A).PvP (Player vs Player)
For example, if the enemy is at about keep level 23, it is possible to earn nearly 2M EXP in just one battle.
There are many different types of PvP, such as attacking, defending, attacking player cities, attacking temples, etc., but the most efficient ones are listed below.
Attack the enemy player city with a Sub-Mayor
If you attack with a subordinate city, the mayor of the subordinate city will also get General EXP (half of the EXP that goes into the main general). Therefore, you should set the generals you want to level up for your mayors.
However, you can not take a subordinate city with you in the following cases. Therefore, it is mainly a solo attack on the player city.
- Attack on the Temple
- Attack on Buildings in the Battlefield
- Attacks on NPC Subordinate Cities
You get EXP in proportion to ‘Power You Reduce’ and ‘Tier Level of enemy army’
The EXP you receive is roughly as follows
- Main General EXP – about 1/4 to 1/2 of the reduced power
- Sub-Mayor EXP – about 1/8 to 1/4 of the reduced power
Therefore, if you attack, you won’t get EXP if the enemy’s troop count was zero to begin with.
- Enemy keep level 21, power 7.4M, monarch level 22
- Reduced Power 659.2K
- Number of troops defeated 90,314 (tiers 1-6)
- Main General 194,437 EXP
- Sub-Mayor 97,218 EXP
- Enemy keep level 23, power 9.7M, monarch level 20
- Reduced power 5M
- Number of troops defeated 369,489 (tiers 1-8)
- Main General 1,908,102 EXP
- Sub-Mayor 954,051 EXP
B). Attacking NPC Subordinate Cities Multiple times
*NPC – Non Player Character
If you attack an NPC subordinate city while your subordinate city slot is full, you can attack it repeatedly because it cannot be occupied.
If you take advantage of this, for example, by attacking a green NPC subordinate city multiple times, you can earn 50,000 EXP in less than 10 seconds, or about 1M EXP in less than 5 minutes.
In case of the blue NPC subordinate city, you can earn nearly 3M EXP in less than 5 minutes.
Note: As mentioned above, you cannot take your own subordinate cities (mayors) with you when attacking “NPC” subordinate city. Only the main general can earn EXP this way.
If you already have a subordinate city, it’s quicker to let it go once. (Though you need to be careful not to get sidetracked.)
- Teleport next to your subordinate city that is the target of the attack.
- Abandon that subordinate city.
- Occupy the nearest white NPC city to fill its empty slot.
- Attack until you feel like it.
EXP you can get per attack
White (Common) NPC Subordinate City (Power 21.6K)
Green (Uncommon) NPC Subordinate City (Power 175.4K)
Blue (Excellent) NPC Subordinate City (Power 478.6K)
Purple (Legendary) NPC Subordinate City (Power 1.4M)
Gold (Epic) NPC Subordinate City (Power 9.1M)
*Power and EXP vary slightly between cultures.
Number of attacks required to level up
Note: EXP gained varies slightly from civilization to civilization, so the counts may vary slightly.
How to Reduce Deaths to Zero
Only use siege machine
Attacking NPC subordinate cities will result in deaths rather than wounds, but the best way to reduce the death toll to zero is to attack with siege machines only.
In fact, I tested “Mounted only”, “Ranged only”, “Ranged + Siege”, and “Siege only”, and of these, only “Siege only” resulted in zero deaths.
Also, it is better to include siege machines of each tier instead of only siege machines of the highest tier.
(If the siege attack is high, a minimum of two tiers is sufficient; it is not necessary to include all tiers.)
Reference: Test Results with Different Troop Composition Only
(*Attack a Purple (Legendary) NPC Subordinate City)
- t11 siege machine only 140,000 units -> 3,980 deaths
- t1 ~ t11 siege machines 10,000 units each (110,000 units total) -> 0 deaths
If there are still deaths, it is because the tier or number of siege is insufficient, or the buffs are weak due to insufficient general growth and research, etc.
Supplemental: Why you should mix the lower tiers ( Battle Mechanics )
This is probably because mixing in the lower tiers allows us to attack more times per turn. ( In addition, this formation tactic is called “layering.”)
– Combat in Evony is turn-based.
– NPC subordinate cities’ troop formation consists of multiple troop types and troop tiers.
– Our attacks are made per single troop type and single tier.
– The target of each attack is also of a single type and tier.
Therefore, if you have only a single type of troops and a single tier, you get the following.
– In your turn, you can only attack a single type and tier of troops, so you cannot annihilate them in a single turn.
– After you attack, the enemy can attack multiple times.
Hence, in this case, deaths are likely to occur.
Success Cases with Zero Deaths
Gold (Epic) NPC Subordinate City
- t12 siege machine 300k + t11 siege machine 120k
- Siege Attack Buff 336%
EXP required for general level up
If you found this article useful, I would appreciate a donation.
It will encourage me to update the site.